2 whole coconut – flesh and water
3 cups filtered water
You will need a cutting board, a big knife and a small hammer to open a coconut.
- Coconuts have three small “eyes” on top. Poke one of the eyes with a sharp knife and drain all of the water from the inside of nut into a cup.
- Once the coconut water is drained put the coconut on the cutting board, place the knife blade like you are trying to cut it and gently tap the knife with the hammer until the coconut cracks into pieces.
- Peel the flesh of the coconut of the hard shell and place it into a Vitamix or similar power blender.
- Pour filtered water in and run on high until smooth and frothy.
- Now transfer all the liquid along with shredded coconut particles into a mesh bag and squeeze as much milk as possible.
- The leftover coconut can be used as a filler for baking right away or can be dehydrated and stored for later use.
NOTE: If you don’t have fresh coconut use 1-1.5 cups shredded coconut with the same amount of water and you will get the same results.